Work with your appointing administrator to:
Obtain a New Employee Orientation (NEO) date.
* Coordinate health screening with Occupational Health Services.
* Sign and return your offer letter, keep a copy for your records.
* Complete paperwork needed for BWH and HMS appointments, if applicable.
*After your HMS appointment is confirmed, obtain a Harvard ID number, ID card, access to eCommons and electronic medical library (see the Academic Life section).
* Complete Confidentiality Agreement.
* Complete CORI.
* Complete HIPAA training verification.
* Complete Intellectual Property Certification.
* Complete I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
* Complete Tax Forms via PeopleSoft.
* Obtain your BWH ID (you must go to Occupational Health first).
* Set up your computer access and email account.
* Receive and review your ORC Welcome Packet.
* Enroll in benefits via PeopleSoft within 30 days (if paid by BWH and benefits eligible).
Complete HealthStream Training
Complete Required Clearance and Training (if applicable):
* General Laboratory Safety & Biosafety (including PIBC specific)
* Working with Pre-clinical models/IACUC
* Radiation Safety
* Dangerous Goods Shipping
* NIH Guidelines for rDNA Research
* General Compliance, Responsible Conduct of Research (See Research section under Research Navigator) and CITI training
Subscribe to helpful emails personalized to fit your interests.
For Internationals, complete the steps required by the Partners Office for International Professionals and Students (PIPS) for International Orientation.
* Register with the PIPS
* Get an International Orientation Book
* Get Visa Updates
* Attend International Orientation