The Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (CFDD) was established to provide a comprehensive and coordinated approach to professional development and career advancement of all BWH faculty and trainees across the academic continuum.
The Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (CFDD) aspires to foster a vibrant, diverse and inclusive professional community where every person has the opportunity to thrive.
The Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (CFDD) is dedicated to:
Serve the professional needs of our clinical, research and education
- Support and promote professional development, recruitment and
retention at Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Promote a diverse and inclusive workforce and workplace
The Center’s goals are to:
- Design, deliver and promote opportunities for professional and career
development in the service of our mission of patient care, research,
education, and community service.
- Collaborate on diversity initiatives to enhance the recruitment and
advancement of an inclusive faculty.
- Cultivate and support faculty leadership development.
- Provide resources and education regarding mentorship programs and
- Provide support and education regarding the process and
opportunities for advancement at Harvard Medical School.
- Develop strategies, guide policies and processes, and advocate to
support faculty and fellows at all stages.
- Collect data and analyze trends of recruitment, advancement,
satisfaction, and retention of faculty and trainees at BWH.